Adele's Famous Pea Salad
Course: Salad or Appetizer
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed and rinsed (I recommend Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/3 cup sweet red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Roma tomatoes, ripe but firm and deseeded (meaning gently squeeze the seeds and use only the tomato meat), chopped
- 1/3 cup crispy bacon bits (fresh, not pre-fab)
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- To drain sour cream, pour into a fine strainer. I line my strainer with cheese cloth and then place in the sour cream. Allow excess liquid to drain off for approximately 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except the sour cream in a bowl and gently but thoroughly combine, as we want to avoid mashing the peas. Finally, gently fold in the sour cream. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.